I am not the type of therapist who will just nod along, agree with you, and tell you to go to the gym. Sure, exercise is good, but I want to go deeper than that. You have the right to a fulfilling life, and I can’t tell you how honored I am to get to help people create that. You don’t have to feel motivated and believe in yourself 100% to take action. You just have to start.
- Black Lives Matter. Trans rights are human rights. Everyone is safe in my office.
- My pets are spoiled rotten. I always thought I was just a dog person, but then I adopted a cat. Turns out I love animals even more than I love people.
- I have dealt with (and deal with) my own share of mental health issues. I will never know exactly what it’s like for you, but I do know how oppressive something can be even if it’s invisible.
Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Friend's University, Bachelor's in Psychology from UMKC
Learn more about what I do
Narrative Therapy, Collaborative Language, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)??
What are these and what will your therapy sessions look like? It's a little bit different for everybody, but my ultimate goal is to empower you to define and create the life that makes you the happiest and healthiest. Narrative and Collaborative Language therapies both focus on the stories we tell ourselves and the ways we communicate with our Self and with others. These impact our mental health and relationships so much more than we may realize. CBT provides specific practices to help soothe your nervous system and create change in the neural pathways in your brain. Your BRAIN! Isn't that interesting?
I am a sex-positive and body-positive therapist. I do not ascribe to the idea that there is any one correct way to embody your sexuality NOR a single correct way to be physically healthy. Physical and sexual health looks different for everyone. What does it look like for you? You deserve compassion about these aspects of your life regardless of the definition.
Here are the other treatment methods I use frequently:
- EFT or Emotion Focused Therapy
- IFS or Internal Family Systems